[Oisf-users] Suricata 3.2 EOL

Travis Green travis at travisgreen.net
Wed Feb 14 20:07:51 UTC 2018

Hey Jonny,

The Pro set is a superset of Open rules + rules we have written from our
own research. Often there are rules that could go in as Pro but there is
sufficient community interest to release to Open. We also commonly build
basic detection logic in Open and then add more granular logic in Pro.

There are no rules in the Open set that are not in Pro, and we do not move
Pro rules to Open on a timetable.

I'd be happy to give further details, but we might want to take the
conversation to emerging-sigs mailing list or #emerging-threats on
irc.freenode.net.

Hope that helps,
-Travis

--