[Oisf-users] Suricata 4.0.3 with Napatech problems

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 16:40:26 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 8:02 AM, Steve Castellarin
<steve.castellarin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter, yes that is correct.  I worked for almost a couple weeks with
> Napatech support and they believed the Napatech setup (ntservice.ini and
> custom NTPL script) are working as they should.

Ok.

One major difference between Suricata 3.x and 4.0.x in terms of
Napatech is that they did update the code, some fixes and updated the
counters.
There were a bunch of upgrades in Suricata too.
Is it possible to send over a stats.log - when the issue starts occuring?

> On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 9:52 AM, Peter Manev <petermanev at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 11 Jan 2018, at 07:19, Steve Castellarin <steve.castellarin at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> After my last email yesterday I decided to go back to our 3.1.1 install of
>> Suricata, with
>>

>> the upgraded Napatech version.  Since then I've seen no packets dropped
>> with sustained bandwidth of between 1 and 1.7Gbps.  So I'm not sure what is
>> going on with my configuration/setup of Suricata 4.0.3.
>>

>> So the only thing that you changed is the upgrade of the Napatech drivers
>> ?
>> The Suricata config stayed the same -  you just upgraded to 4.0.3 (from
>> 3.1.1) and the observed effect was - after a while all (or most) cpus get
>> pegged at 100% - is that correct ?
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 4:46 PM, Steve Castellarin
>> <steve.castellarin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Peter, no there is no error messages.
>>>
>>> On Jan 10, 2018 4:37 PM, "Peter Manev" <petermanev at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Are there any errors msgs in suricata.log when that happens ?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Peter Manev