[Oisf-users] Suricata 4.0.3 with Napatech problems

Steve Castellarin steve.castellarin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:49:33 UTC 2018

Hi Peter,

I just realized I responded directly to you instead of the mailing list -
so here's my response, updated.

I made a change to my YAML file for 4.0.3, dropping the detect-thread-ratio
from 1.5 to 1 and on Friday was able to run Suricata 4.0.3 for five hours
before the issue occurred.  This run did handle sustained network traffic
of 1.2 through 1.7gbps.  So that is a step in the positive direction.  I'm
going to have a hard time running 4.0.3 without rules, as this
unfortunately is our only Suricata instance running our rule set.

I've noticed one thing that's strange.  In my YAML file I have the
"autofp-scheduler" set to "active-packets".  Yet everytime I run Suricata I
see this noted in suricata.log "using flow hash instead of active
packets".  When I comment out the "autofp-scheduler" setting in the YAML
file then that message disappears.  Any idea on what that is all about?