[Oisf-users] High Suricata capture.kernel_drops

Cloherty, Sean E scloherty at mitre.org
Wed Jul 11 18:19:11 UTC 2018

First get the NUMA node for the CPUs – lscpu should provide that in the last two lines of the output.

Find your NICs NUMA node 1st  and go from there for affinity settings  cat /sys/class/net/em1/device/numa_node

Update the drivers for the NIC - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24411/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-PCIe-40-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Connections-Under-Linux-?product=82947

(Just remember that you will need to repeat this after any kernel updates)