[Oisf-users] High Suricata capture.kernel_drops

Cloherty, Sean E scloherty at mitre.org
Thu Jul 12 13:12:09 UTC 2018

So looking at the docs – for runmode workers these are the two affinity settings which you need to concern yourself with – and the worker-cpu set is the critical one.

management-cpu-set - used for management (example - flow.managers, flow.recyclers)
worker-cpu-set - used for receive,streamtcp,decode,detect,output(logging),respond/reject

What you want to do is to use that list in node 0 as the ones to use for workers and then pick any two for the management CPU from node one –

So

  cpu-affinity:
    - management-cpu-set:
        cpu: [ 37,39 ]  # include only these cpus in affinity settings
    - receive-cpu-set:
        cpu: [ 0 ]  # include only these cpus in affinity settings
    - worker-cpu-set:
        cpu: [ 4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,36,38 ]

        mode: "exclusive"
        # Use explicitly 3 threads and don't compute number by using
        # detect-thread-ratio variable: