[Oisf-users] High Suricata capture.kernel_drops

fatema bannatwala fatema.bannatwala at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 20:49:43 UTC 2018

Yeah, We are already filtering out Netflix and other un-wanted traffic to
be monitored on gigamon.
I have applied all the ethtool settings mentioned on this list and the
suggested cpu-set settings by Sean,
and now the loss has reduced to ~1.8% roughly.
I will try the Mem settings tuning Michal has suggested and see if I can
get the numbers down even more, because
we are not seeing very heavy traffic currently because of summer, but in
fall the flow rate will be much higher than what Suri sensor currently is
seeing.

Hence, this time is the best to tune it down so that we don't have any
heavy loses when the traffic is in full swing.

Thanks,
Fatema.