[Oisf-users] Updates to Redmine and issue handling

Andreas Herz andi at geekosphere.org
Sat May 26 22:36:12 UTC 2018

Hi *,

we added some custom fields to our redmine:

- Affected version(s)
- Effort
- Difficulty

With the first one we would like to label issues with the affected
version so it's easier for us to maintain. So please add this label to
your (new) issues you create.

With "Effort" and "Difficulty" we want to start adding more informations
to issues so people from the community that want to work on issues get a
feeling how much time and effort might be needed to work on that and how
difficult it might be. This is still an experiment and work in progress
so feedback is very welcomed.

We will also start with closing more old issues, starting with bugs that
didn't have any updates for a long time. We will close them and add this
text to it:

```
Hi, we're closing this issue since there have been no further responses.
If you think this bug is still relevant, try to test it again with the
most recent version of suricata and reopen the issue. If you want to
improve the bug report please take a look at
https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Reporting_Bugs
```

We really want to encourage people from the community to dig deeper into
the code and help us out with fixing bugs, adding features and improve
suricata. We won't be able to fix all issues without any help from
outside so feel free to pick some issues and work on them and don't
hesitate to ask us for feedback/help when doing so :)

Those changes/updates won't be the last ones regarding our redmine and
issue tracking. If you have any ideas/feedback just tell us!

--
Andreas Herz