[Oisf-users] Suricata Hungs

Michael Tsukanov zukinzin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 17:24:33 UTC 2018

 Friends,
we've faced an issue with suricata running in inline mode.

Could you please help us to find the root cause of the issue or determinate
any useful  metrics which we may use for investigation.

It may works 1-3 days, then we loose the access to switch behind the
Suricata and Internet in the office.

Suricata is placed between ASA and root switch
We use FreeBSD 11.2, Suricata 4.0.5 with Netmap (but also faced this
situation with Ubuntu and AF_Packets in other location). The server has
I350 Ethernet adapters, 16Gb RAM, i5 cpu.
We use one /16 net as HOME_NET in suricata.yaml. The Internet channel is
80Mbps

Thank you in advance