[Oisf-users] Is is possible to restart suricata with zero drops when suricata-IPS crashes

Cooper F. Nelson cnelson at ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 20 05:17:31 UTC 2018

You could use something like Nagios to monitor the suri process and
start a new one if its not running.

You could also have a cron job that runs every minute that does
something like this:

> if [[ ! $(pgrep Suricata-Main) ]]; then /usr/local/sbin/warm_boot.sh; fi

This just checks if Suricata-Main is running, if not it will launch the
exec wrapper.

-Coop

On 11/19/2018 8:26 PM, kavi perumal wrote:
> Thanks for comments.
>

>       Nelson, Cooper, Michał Purzyński, Actually my requirement is to
>       allow all traffic incase suricata is down. i don't want to drop
>       packets.
>
> @Nelson, Cooper: is there any configuration to configure suricata to
> restart by itself incase of failure with in a specific time?
>
> Regards
> -Kavi Perumal G.

Network Security Analyst
UCSD ITS Security Team