[Oisf-users] Benchmark testing with Trex

Victor Julien lists at inliniac.net
Fri Nov 23 15:14:40 UTC 2018

Hi Nidhi,

On 15-11-18 18:28, Nidhi V Singhai wrote:
> I am collecting some suricata performance figures for my setup and am
> using Trex for traffic replay. I am using standard trex profiles with
> mostly http/https traffic currently. With suricata 4.1, I am observing
> around 50% of the packets on wrong thread. I have a dual core system
> with HT. I have disabled NIC offloading and set single rx/tx queues for
> my interfaces. There are no capture drops registered. Has anyone else
> tried suricata with trex? Can someone please suggest what might be the
> cause of packets on wrong thread and how to avoid it?

At Suricon18 Joe's talk dealt with trex testing, however he did not test
4.1 yet. So the 'wrong thread' counters weren't yet available. He is
planning to repeat the testing, so we maybe we will learn whether he
will run into the same.

Can you give some more details on your setup? Distro, kernel, ethtool
output, hardware, afpacket section of your yaml, etc?

Also things like trex setup would be useful.

Thanks!
Victor