[Oisf-users] Truncated files

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 08:39:53 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:11 AM Piquenot, Gaetan
<gaetan.piquenot at airbus.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I looked again and It appears my modification are more damaging the PCAP than I thought. Can I send it to you directly ?

Yes sure!

> The one which is called session_mal140_7zip is from Moloch, the other one is from Suricata.
>
> Both Suricata and Moloch are ESX VM and I can't use ethool to disable offloading, I will try to find a way. But I'm surprised moloch can see the file where suricata see truncated file because they both had the same network conf.

If you can extract the pcap that Moloch has  - it would be best for
review/feedback. Are Moloch and Suricata listening on the same
machine/interface?

> The default-packet-size is commented, so I assume is using the default value 1514 ?

Unless the MTU is adjusted. You should have some info when starting in
verbose mode - "-vvv".

Thank you