[Oisf-users] Suricata Performance Tuning

Edgmand, Craig craig.edgmand at okstate.edu
Thu Oct 25 20:06:11 UTC 2018

Without Hyperscan I saw a minimal performance improvement with tcmalloc and packet loss.. nowhere near the Hyperscan rate.

Currently testing the Hyperscan compiled Suricata with tcmalloc and packet loss has decreased from .33 to .11 but it has only been running for a few hours.  Memory usage has also decreased.