[Oisf-users] Suffering Simultaneous Suricata Segfaults

Cloherty, Sean E scloherty at mitre.org
Wed Sep 26 16:55:50 UTC 2018

Some strange voodoo here -

I was troubleshooting instances of Suricata being down on multiple hosts and I found that 2 production hosts running 4.04 and 2 test hosts running 4.05 and 4.1rc1 faulted at roughly the same time.  Strangely,  2 additional production hosts running 4.04 on duplicate hardware have not had any issues to date.  Below is the outline of what I've been able to put together this morning.
[cid:image002.png at 01D45598.434EBA90]

What is the same across all platforms faulting or not:

All use tpacket v3 & AF-PACKET
All use workers mode

All are in IDS mode

All ingest traffic from Gigamon taps

All are running CentOS 7.5 64bit

All use Intel(R) 10GbE PCI Express Linux Network Driver 5.3.7

All use Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+

What is different:

NO FAULT:          #zero-copy-size: 128
FAULT:                  zero-copy-size: 128

NO FAULT:
        prio:

#          low: [ 0 ]

#          medium: [ "1-2" ]