[Oisf-users] Configure IPS and NSM in Suricata.

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 13:46:14 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 11:58 AM Bjørn Ruberg <bjorn at ruberg.no> wrote:

> On 01.04.2019 07:44, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 7:26 AM Kaushal Shriyan
> > <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com <mailto:kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >

> >     On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 9:14 PM Kaushal Shriyan
> >     <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com <mailto:kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >         Hi,
> >
> >         I am running Suricata 4.1.3 on CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810
> >         (Core) and have configured Suricata in IDS mode. I will
> >         appreciate if you can help me to configure IPS and NSM in
> Suricata.
>
> Did you take a look at
>
> https://home.regit.org/2012/09/new-af_packet-ips-mode-in-suricata/
>
> and
>

> https://suricata.readthedocs.io/en/suricata-4.1.3/setting-up-ipsinline-for-linux.html

Hi Bjørn,

Thanks a lot Bjørn for the email and I could configure IPS and test it
using drop rules. It worked like a charm. Is there a way to enable NSM (
Network Security Monitoring) in Suricata which is currently configured for
both IDS and IPS mode?

Thanks in advance and i look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Kaushal