[Oisf-users] Configure IPS and NSM in Suricata.

Bjørn Ruberg bjorn at ruberg.no
Sun Apr 7 17:16:43 UTC 2019

On 07.04.2019 17:39, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi Bjørn,
>
> NSM stands for Network Security Monitoring and if i understand it
> correctly, its function is to monitor any malicious traffic. Please
> correct me if i am understanding it completely wrong.

No that's fine, but that is also basically what an IDS/IPS does.

That is why I am wondering why you are asking about NSM in addition,
after having configured Suricata for being an IDS/IPS. If you have any
specific requirements from an NSM that Suricata currently doesn't offer,
please mention them so we can help you reach your goal.

--
Bjørn