[Oisf-users] Suricata 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 Crashes

Korodev korodev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 19:44:31 UTC 2019

I'm having trouble tracking down the cause of repeated Suricata
crashes (segfaults) every few minutes on certain sensors. We compile
Suricata ourselves and have tried multiple versions on the problematic
sensors (4.1.2 and 4.1.3) with no luck. We're running these on Ubuntu
16.04 LTS (4.4.0-142-generic) and I have core dumps from apport but am
looking for appropriate next steps in getting help debugging the
issue. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction..I'm
hesitant to file a bug on Redmine since this could easily be user
error but please advise.

Cheers,

\\korodev