[Oisf-users] suricata-update modify does not appear to work any more ?

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 30 22:50:48 UTC 2019

I have just realised that my rules in the modify.conf appear to be being ignored.

I get a line saying that the file has been read but I don’t see any “Modifying … “ message in the debug output and the rules remain unchanged.   I don’t know when it stopped working.

There are no warnings or errors...

I have a hand full of rules that I want want to change the address filters for (. e.g. $HOME_NET) to exclude particular hosts.

sample rule:

2014734 "\$HOME_NET" "[\$HOME_NET, !130.216.2.97]"

Russell