[Oisf-users] Testing nflog with libmnl

Giuseppe Longo lists at glongo.it
Thu Dec 5 21:39:55 UTC 2019

Hello,
If any of you are using suricata with nflog as capture method, I would like to let you know
that recently I’ve made some changes at nflog replacing its old api with libmnl,
a minimalistic netlink library developed by Netfilter organisation:
https://netfilter.org/projects/libmnl/index.html <https://netfilter.org/projects/libmnl/index.html>

It’s a hard dependency if you enable nflog, so before building suricata you must install it.

I kindly ask to whom is using nflog to give it a test if possible and give some feedback,
I’ve had it running for few days now in my home network, with a buffer-size set to 65535
and it’s working fine.
You can find the PR here: https://github.com/OISF/suricata/pull/4423 <https://github.com/OISF/suricata/pull/4423>

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need help or have any questions.

Cheers,
Giuseppe