[Oisf-users] Properly installing Suricata-Update on latest version of Suricata

419telegraph298 at protonmail.com 419telegraph298 at protonmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:32:48 UTC 2019

Hello all -

Apologies if this question is obvious, I've been reading over the manual for suricata-update and do not have an expert linux background -

I just did a fresh install of the latest Suricata on a Raspberry pi and ran "pip install --upgrade suricata-update" :

Collecting suricata-update

Collecting pyyaml (from suricata-update)

Installing collected packages: pyyaml, suricata-update

Successfully installed pyyaml-3.13 suricata-update-1.0.3

I cannot get suricata-update to run in the terminal, however, and no /var/lib/suricata/update directory was created...

Here are the directory permissions currently:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Feb  1 13:17 /etc/suricata/rules

drwxr-xr-x  3 root root    4096 Feb  1 13:17 etc/suricata

What should i try now? Do I still need to create a separate suricata group for this?

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in Switzerland.