[Oisf-users] Properly installing Suricata-Update on latest version of Suricata

Shivani Bhardwaj shivanib134 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 04:31:09 UTC 2019

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 6:27 AM <419telegraph298 at protonmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Shivani,
>
> Thank for your advice -
>
> I located the directory in /home/pi/.local/bin/suricata-update
>
> I deleted the directory /usr/local/bin
>
> I attempted to add it to PATH with this command " PATH=/home/pi/.local/bin/suricata-update:~/opt/bin"

When adding a path, do not include the exact binary. This is the path
where python will try to look for suricata-update. So, it should
rather be "PATH=/home/pi/.local/bin:$PATH". See $PATH? It means you
are also taking into account the existing PATH variable and not
overwriting it. Note that this change will not be persistent and will
end with the death of the shell. In order to make it persistent,
you'll have to add this line to your ,bashrc.