[Oisf-users] Properly installing Suricata-Update on latest version of Suricata

Jason Ish jason.ish at oisf.net
Fri Feb 8 01:08:31 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-07 7:02 p.m., 419telegraph298 at protonmail.com wrote:
> Dear Shivani,
>
> Thank you for your help, I ran a sudo nano bashsrc and added PATH=/home/pi/.local/bin:$PATH to the file and then saved it, ran "pip install --upgrade suricata-update", said that it installed successfully but still have not been able to the program to run from command line.

Did you try logging out then back in again?  You could also enter this
on the command line to activate the path update immediately:

export PATH=/home/pi/.local/bin:$PATH

Then try again.  Or call suricata-update with its full path, which for
you looks like it might be:

~/.local/bin/suricata-update

Hope that helps,
Jason