[Oisf-users] writing custom rule

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 09:27:40 UTC 2019

On Friday, February 22, 2019, 2:47:49 AM GMT+1, Greg Grasmehr <greg.grasmehr at caltech.edu> wrote:

> Your only option is to drop those connections on the destination server
> itself or you could also use a mod_security proxy to perform that
> action, a WAF is the optimal solution in cases like this.

Thanks. I'd like to protect a non-Apache https web server from external attacks.
I guess I would need to configure a reverse proxy with both Apache mod_proxy and mod_security.
I configured a Squid reverse proxy to my non-Apache server. Never tried Apache mod_proxy.

So, this is a non-suricata topic.

Thanks again,

Vieri