[Oisf-users] Suricata Version 4.1.2 rpm binary version not available in epel repo

Jason Ish jason.ish at oisf.net
Mon Feb 25 00:14:33 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-21 12:05 p.m., Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core) and have enabled EPEL
> repo. When i install Suricata IDS/IPS application, I see the below version
>
> # cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)
> #
> #rpm -qa | grep suricata
> suricata-4.0.6-1.el7.x86_64
> #
>
> Whereas when i look at https://suricata-ids.org/download/ i don't see
> Suricata stable release 4.1.2 as rpm binary in the EPEL repository.
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.

You could check out my RPMs on Copr:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jasonish/suricata-stable/

Basically I try to keep them as close to the EPEL versions as possible,
but they may include minor improvements that I'm suggesting to get into
the EPEL/Fedora package.  I think right now the only difference between
my RPM and the EPEL one, other than being updated to 4.1.2 is that its
compiled with Hyperscan.

I typically update them shortly after a Suricata release, which can be
much sooner than EPEL, depending on how it falls in a release cycle.

Jason