[Oisf-users] oinkmaster.conf to suricata-update files

Jeff Dyke jeff.dyke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 22:02:46 UTC 2019

Thank Jason,  I think it would require a code change for sure, i was
reading through the rule logic on Friday and saw that it was not possible.
I got around it by simply piping the file though a sed script and grabbing
every sid from non commented out lines in emerging-scans.rules.  This will
work for me as i download all of the rules to a single server and rsync
them around.  But for other setups it may not be tenable.

I may dig a bit deeper and see how this could be done by changing as little
as possible.  I found it to be a nice feature of oinkmaster b/c some of the
commented out rules are very quick to block local/loopback traffic.

I'll look into it a bit more and open a hopefully detailed ticket.