[Oisf-users] [EXT] Re: Packet loss and increased resource consumption after upgrade to 4.1.2 with Rust support

Nelson, Cooper cnelson at ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 3 17:22:43 UTC 2019

That’s what I thought, but experiments that Peter and I have done have shown that even with one RSS queue and using the SEPTun 1 process (separating RSS from worker threads and using cluster_flow) that the packets are still sent to the wrong thread.

So either the cluster_flow hash is being calculated before reassembly, or the kernel/NIC hash is influencing cluster_flow in some way.

Everything I’ve read, including source code, is along the lines of what you are saying.  However, in practice it doesn’t work.

-Coop