[Oisf-users] Fwsam Functionality

David Wharton oisf at davidwharton.us
Tue Jul 16 11:23:32 UTC 2019

Eric, et. al,

Do you think it is still justifiable to have a separate "target" keyword
or would it make more sense to leverage the "metadata" keyword to store
this information, and encourage rule writers to put it there?
Personally, I'm more in favor of the latter since the metadata keyword
is already used to store rule classification information, and at this
point the "target" keyword seems like a confusing "one-off" feature.
And if rule writers haven't incorporated using the "target" keyword by
this point, it shouldn't be too painful to tell them to stick it in the
metadata keyword instead.

-David