[Oisf-users] about alerts and pcap-log

Cooper F. Nelson cnelson at ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 18 02:39:59 UTC 2019

The tcp alerts will only alert once per flow.  So it will alert on the
first two packets of the three-way handshake, but not the third as the
flow has then been established and already alerted on.

Can't answer your second question.

Re: pcap-log, that is as expected as its the packets processed by
suricata.  If you want the frames off the wire, use wireshark.

-Coop