[Oisf-users] Rsyslog suppressed messages from suricata

craig at reswob10.net craig at reswob10.net
Wed Jun 19 13:01:53 UTC 2019

Hi, new to suricata.  I have a new install on CentOS 7 running rsyslog
8.24.0-34.el7 and I have suricata 4.1.4

My problem is it appears rsyslog is blocking writing of events to
/var/log/messages because I see no suricata logs, but many of these
entries:

journal: Suppressed 13475 messages from /system.slice/suricata.service

(the number of suppressed messages changes, but the main message stays
the same)

Is there a particular area of my config I should look at to tweak to fix
this? Does this mean I should migrate to a server with more CPU and/or
RAM?

Thanks

Craig

My other question is this: is there a way to search the archives?  I
went to https://lists.openinfosecfoundation.org/pipermail/oisf-users/
but I didn't see a search capability....