[Oisf-users] Rsyslog suppressed messages from suricata

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 20:48:15 UTC 2019

Can you share you suricata.yml? Ideally Suricata should not write events to
syslog, eve-json is best used for that. Take a look here to disable the
syslog output

https://suricata.readthedocs.io/en/suricata-4.1.4/output/syslog-alerting-comp.html

And here to enable the eve-json

https://suricata.readthedocs.io/en/suricata-4.1.4/output/eve/index.html

We use syslog-ng to pick up messages from the JSON file and ship them to
SIEM.