[Oisf-users] Whitelist Network in Suricata

jayaprasad v jayaprasad800 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 10:44:02 UTC 2019

Dear All,

Could you please help me with the below request.

I was trying to suppress/whitelist particular IP network, so that we will
not get any more alerts from this IP range.

Below are the steps which I tried to suppress but with no success.

Edited /etc/suricata/threshold.config and added below entry

suppress gen_id 0, sig_id 0, track by_src, ip 64.39.XX.XX/20
suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 0, track by_src, ip 64.39.XX.XX/20

Restarted the suricata service.

Could you please help me and advice how to proceed on this.

Thanks,
Jayaprasad