[Oisf-users] OPNids - Any thoughts?

fatema bannatwala fatema.bannatwala at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 19:56:46 UTC 2019

Hi Coop,

Thanks for the input.
Yeah, I have been playing around with it in a VM only on my desktop.
My only disappointment was the MLE part of it. It is not what is advertise
in OPNids project, it is basically just Suricata on an iso with couple
other services, as I mentioned earlier.
They are using DragonFly MLE which in itself is an open source project
which can be anyways integrated to any NSM that produces json logs. And
OPNids DOES NOT include it.
MLE has to be downladed and installed manually on that iso, which forfeits
the purpose.

We had migrated from using snort to suricata in production last year, and
have been using it fine.
Just wanted to experiment with the Machine Learning with Suricata alerts.

Thanks,
Fatema.