[Oisf-users] Suricata Inline (NFQ) + bridge interface - any news ?

Breno Silva breno.silva at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 21:02:26 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I have an appliance where multiple interfaces are configured in bridge (ie.
br0) mode. Trying to run suricata inline (nfq) on a bridged applicance
sometimes doesn't work very well for and looks like it is a known issue for
years. I cannot use afpacket/netmap or other "true" bridge approached. Must
continue with nfqueue,

Do we have any update on this topic? some solution?
I heard Victor saying it is a netfilter issue, do we have any feedback from
netfilter core team ?

Thinking about the possibility to use ebtables with some nfqueue support.
Should be possible ?

Thanks