[Oisf-users] Suricata seperate Rx/Tx connection

mohammad kashif kashif.alig at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 10:38:41 UTC 2019

Hi Cooper, Michal

Thanks for your help. I have some further clarification.
>>  On a tap/monitor port everything is over the RX ports.
If both RX and TX ports are fully utilising upto !0G then sending almost
20G on a single 10G RX channel will likely lead to oversubscription and
packet loss. Is this observation correct?

>> http://pevma.blogspot.com/2015/05/suricata-multiple-interface.html
 As I mentioned earlier, I have RX on eth1 and TX on eth2. So in the above
configuration, should I use separate cluster ID for both eth1 and eth2 and
somehow suricata will know how to make sense of flow .

Regards

Kashif