[Oisf-users] SOLVED Suricata ignoring disable.conf

James Moe jimoe at sohnen-moe.com
Sat Nov 2 18:03:03 UTC 2019

On 31/10/2019 2.27 pm, James Moe wrote:

>   I decided to disable the SURICATA rules since they do not really impart any
> useful information for our network. I added "re:SURICATA" to <disable.conf> and
> restarted. SURICATA rules are still in effect.
>
>   Where should I look to discover why suricata is not heeding the rules?

  Apparently, when the host was restarted 22 days ago, suricata failed to create
a PID file. Each subsequent request to stop/start/reload failed because the
control script could not find a PID file to know which process to stop.
  Hence, suricata had never reloaded the changed rules.

--
James Moe
moe dot james at sohnen-moe dot com