[Oisf-users] 4.1.x series packages for bionic ?

Jason Ish jason.ish at oisf.net
Fri Nov 8 21:35:35 UTC 2019

Hi Russel,

On 2019-11-05 8:54 p.m., Russell Fulton wrote:

> The only packages I can find for bionic are 5.0.0 but I am still dependent on unified2 and barnyard:(. (don’t ask) and barnyard barfs on the unified2 files from 5.0.0.   When I do an apt search for suricata the only recent version I can find is 5.0.0.  I have looked at the Packages.gz file in the suricata-stable repository and it list 5.0.0 and nothing else.
>
> I am puzzled as Peter’s email in September says there is a bionic version of 4.1.5 and I was running 4.1.4 on the box before I “upgraded”.

I can't help you with 4.1.5 on Bionic.  But I did just run 5.0 from the
PPA on Ubuntu Bionic for a few hours and Barnyard2 (built from git
master - but no changes in years) and it had no problem outputting
events, at least to the console in fast mode. I don't have a database
setup to test that output.

Can you provide any errors that Barynard2 may have produced? Last resort
of course would be to provide a sample of the unified2 output - reach
out privately if you wish to go that route.

Thanks,
Jason