[Oisf-users] How to alert for a single TCP packet?

David Wharton oisf at davidwharton.us
Tue Nov 26 03:35:17 UTC 2019

For the http_uri buffer, normalization includes URI-decoding of the
data, reducing directory traversal sequences (e.g. "/foo/bar/../baz" ->
"/foo/baz"), and, depending the Suricata version and config, decoding
"+" (0x2B) to " " (0x20).

As for the alert ... are you sure you are sending the right pcap? And
are you sure the rule in question is the one alerting?  What does the
pcap snippet from the alert show?  What about the alert-debug log?

-David