[Oisf-users] Hardware specs for monitoring 100GB

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 21:12:53 UTC 2019

Let's argue for a moment that using dedicated capture cards is not
necessary anymore, because your vanilla Linux has all you need, especially
with Suricata 5.0 and XDP. How does that sound??

I'd build a cluster instead of a single 100Gbit machine, for reliability
reasons, unless your space is limited.

Intel and Mellanox 40Gbit cards can handle 20-40Gbit/sec on a fairly
commodity hardware. It totally depends on your rules, of course.

Yes, everyone was expecting that ;)