[Oisf-users] Suricata causes massive packet loss

Stefan Schantl stefan.schantl at ipfire.org
Sat Sep 7 12:26:13 UTC 2019

Hello Peter, Hello Coop, Hello *,
> Hi again Peter,
>
> I am absolutely not recommending shipping a beta release!  Rather,
> I'm suggesting you try it to see if it's an issue that has already
> been resolved as a sanity check.

I've build and uploaded an custom install-able ISO image, containing
the latest libhtp (0.5.30) and suricata 5.0.0-beta1.

https://people.ipfire.org/~stevee/IPFire_2.x_suricata_rust/ipfire-2.23.x86_64-full-core136.iso

@Peter, please test and report if any of these changes affects your
packet lost rate.

> Have you tried using libpcap instead of AF_PACKET as the capture
> mechanism?

Currently we are using IPtables to delegate the packets via netfilter
queue to suricata and to drop or re-inject them after scanning.

Best regards,

-Stefan

PS: Sorry for re-sending, I lacked to subscribe to the oisf-users
mailing list...