[Oisf-users] Reach for the Summit: Submit a Proposal for the EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference 2020

fatema bannatwala fatema.bannatwala at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 18:06:10 UTC 2019

Hi Everyone,

Submit a proposal for the 18th annual Security Professionals Conference
<https://events.educause.edu/security-professionals-conference/2020> and
join your peers as we reach for the summit in Bellevue, Washington, April
21–23, 2020.

This year's theme is Reaching for the Summit. Just like a mountain climber,
an information security or privacy professional must have patience,
discipline, determination, problem-solving skills, and perseverance. Both
activities are often presented with challenging circumstances and
conditions that are constantly changing or evolving. These dynamic
environments require tactical and strategic planning, innovative tools and
technologies, as well as diverse, resilient teams with different skills,
backgrounds, and knowledge.

How can we energize and elevate the higher education community to reach new
heights in our information security and privacy programs? You can help lead
the way! Share your knowledge, experiences, and ideas by submitting a
proposal individually or as part of a team. Our community-generated program
will showcase future directions, best practices, stories of successful
collaborations, lessons learned, and solutions to community-wide issues.

We are seeking proposals for half-day and full-day workshops, 45-minute and
1-hour track sessions, and 10-minute lightning talks covering a broad range
of skill levels and topics, both technical and strategic.

Please plan to submit your proposal
<https://events.educause.edu/security-professionals-conference/2020/call-for-proposals>
by Tuesday, November 5.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to discuss this
opportunity with me.

Regards,

Fatema Bannat Wala