[Oisf-users] Suricata Lua API (stack overflow)

Shell_Xu xuh881026 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 05:44:54 UTC 2019

HI, Suricata Team:

    I tried to use Lua scripts to audit all HTTP traffic, but after the
script runs for about 30 seconds, the program automatically exits and
outputs the following message: PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API
(stack overflow).Since I don't want to log all HTTP headers, I didn't
enable the dump-all-headers option.Lua scripts were used to implement my
needs.But obviously, I have a problem now, can anyone help me?
Is this problem caused by Lua scripts unable to withstand HTTP traffic?

Traffic 1.5Gbpps
CPU: 1 CPU 36 core
Memory: 60G
Suricata 5.0.0-rc1

My lua script code is in the attachment, please correct me my mistake, any
help makes sense to me.