[Oisf-users] Add HTTP Payload to eve-log

Konstantin Klinger konstantinklinger at mailbox.org
Sun Jan 5 08:57:41 UTC 2020

Hi Felix,

which Suricata version are you running? And can you please share your suricata.yaml configuration? As far as I can see the fields http_request_body and http_response_body are supported since Suricata 4.0 in the eve json output, but you have to enable it in the configuration:

            metadata: yes             # enable inclusion of app layer metadata with alert. Default yes
            http-body: yes           # Requires metadata; enable dumping of http body in Base64
            http-body-printable: yes # Requires metadata; enable dumping of http body in printable format

For further questions on the eve json format maybe this link will help you: https://github.com/satta/suricata-json-schema
We would also be very happy for any contribution to that repo to improve the documentation of the eve json output fields.

Cheers,

Konstantin