[Oisf-users] [EXT] Re: Need help with Suricata conf

Cloherty, Sean E scloherty at mitre.org
Fri Jan 17 19:01:28 UTC 2020

Although this is and old post, I read that MPP had little/no performance impact in this thread on https://home.regit.org/2012/07/suricata-to-10gbps-and-beyond/  and these guys seem to be familiar with Suricata…. 😉

•  [cid:image001.jpg at 01D5CD3F.27981650] Victor Julien<http://blog.inliniac.net/> says:
2012/08/10 at 14:29 <https://home.regit.org/2012/07/suricata-to-10gbps-and-beyond/#comment-71478>
Does the max-pending-packets setting really affect performance here? In workers mode the number of packets simultaneously processed should be the same as the number of threads, plus a few for tunnel decoding and stream handling.
•  [cid:image002.jpg at 01D5CD3F.27981650] Regit<http://home.regit.org> says:
2012/08/12 at 08:20 <https://home.regit.org/2012/07/suricata-to-10gbps-and-beyond/#comment-71706>
You’re right indeed. I don’t remember seeing any difference here.
•  [cid:image003.png at 01D5CD3F.27981650] Peter Manev says:
2012/08/18 at 13:06 <https://home.regit.org/2012/07/suricata-to-10gbps-and-beyond/#comment-72161>
no effect in my tests…