[Oisf-users] Getting Errors on Suricata Startup

Andreas Herz andi at geekosphere.org
Wed Jan 22 23:17:50 UTC 2020

Hi Leonard,

first of all, please reply to the mailinglist not to me directly.

On 22/01/20 at 15:20, Leonard Jacobs wrote:
> If I run Suricata in daemon mode I don’t get the error.  Except sometimes I get a pid file error if don’t delete /var/run/Suricata.pid file first.

This is another issue but should be handled by the way the mode is run
from your system to take care of those pid files.

> I get the error below when running sudo /usr/bin/suricata -c /etc/suricata/suricata.yaml -i eno2 &.
>
> I have attached the Suricata.yaml file.

I would suggest you add some configuration settings to the af-packet
interface settings in the configuration file, ideally with interface
eno2 or at least for a default interface. Currently no af-packet
settings are in your config file.

Andi

--
Andreas Herz