[Oisf-devel] Suricata Development Meeting Update

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 14:46:43 UTC 2010

On Thursday 04 March 2010 01:12:11 pm Matt Jonkman wrote:
> We are still in Phase One of our development plan and we are officially
> announcing a feature freeze and release date for a final phase one
> production ready engine!
>
> The feature freeze is now in effect for Phase One. We will have a Phase
> One Release Candidate available for testing on Monday May 3rd, 2010. We
> will then release the final production ready Phase One engine on July
> 1st, 2010.

I really appreciate the transparency with which this project is operating
under. But one question that I have is whether or not you intend to have any
bugfix releases between now and the RC? IOW, would the team be taking care of
some of the little problems that have been reported before integrating big new
features?

Also, there are a nice set of rules located at emergingthreats.net. Are there
any plans to write any scripts that make downloading/updating rule sets easy
to manage?

-Steve