[Oisf-devel] suricata 1.3.4 coredump caused by segfault

Marcos Rodriguez marcos.e.rodriguez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 02:26:51 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:23 PM, xbadou xbadou <xbadou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I am running debian 5 with kernel 2.6.31.14  32bit。 And the system
> ram size is 2GB*2.
>
> So, if it is really this issue. How can I avoid this coredump happen? Can
> I change some settings in the suricata.yaml file?
>
> Thanks.

At the bottom of the suricata.yaml file, you'll find this section:

# Suricata core dump configuration. Limits the size of the core dump file to
# approximately max-dump. The actual core dump size will be a multiple of
the
# page size. Core dumps that would be larger than max-dump are truncated. On
# Linux, the actual core dump size may be a few pages larger than max-dump.
# Setting max-dump to 0 disables core dumping.
# Setting max-dump to 'unlimited' will give the full core dump file.
# On 32-bit Linux, a max-dump value >= ULONG_MAX may cause the core dump
size
# to be 'unlimited'.

coredump:
  max-dump: unlimited

Change the max-dump to 0 to disable.  :o)

marcos