[Oisf-devel] [Oisf-users] RFC: Yaml conf structure for enabling/disabling protocol parsers

Anoop Saldanha anoopsaldanha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 15:05:35 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Rich Rumble <richrumble at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Victor Julien <lists at inliniac.net> wrote:

>>> Option 1
>>
>> What I dislike about this scheme, is that it adds an extra layer of
>> nesting that is unnecessary for most protocols. Each layer of nesting is
>> an added opportunity for messing up the yaml, which is very strict on
>> indenting.
>>
>> tcp:
>>   http:
>>
>> Is redundant for example.
>>
>> There are a few protocols we support currently that have need to specify
>> ipproto: dns and smb.
> You just had to go an make sense didn't you... I'm changing to Option 2.

We have 2 votes for option (2), and 1 for option (1).

I give my vote for option (2) as well.

I have updated the link -
https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/AppLayerYaml
with a more detailed expansion of how it would look like when all the
protocols are included in the conf.