[Oisf-devel] [Oisf-users] RFC: Yaml conf structure for enabling/disabling protocol parsers

Christophe Vandeplas christophe at vandeplas.com
Thu Dec 26 15:21:52 UTC 2013

Option 2 seems the most logical one to me.

In addition to Victor's argument about nesting I'd like to add and
usability argument for keeping the tcp and udp configuration close to each
other:
When you dive into the configuration you mostly care about it being "dns"
and not "tcp/udp". So if you're going to make a change there's a high
probability that you'll want to change both the tcp and udp version of the
dns procotol. You'll probably prefer to to scroll a page downwards to
change the udp part after setting the tcp settings.

Kind regards and merry xmas

Christophe