[Discussion] Welcome!

Matt Jonkman jonkman at jonkmans.com
Fri Oct 17 00:12:05 UTC 2008

Welcome everyone to the open info sec foundation discussion list. I
think we've seen somewhere near record one day mailing list signup
rates. I take that to mean this project is something more than just a
few of us are eager to see.

So, to kick start discussions, we have a few goals to make initially
here. First, the most important thing:

1. A mascot
Gotta have a mascot. The best suggestion we've seen to date I think is
an evil looking beaver. The analogy being that the new engine is here to
dam up the flood of information and make it useful. In the form of
hydroelectric power I guess.

Will start a new thread for feature issues.

Matt

Matthew Jonkman
Emerging Threats
Phone 765-429-0398