[Discussion] What are we making? -- CLIENT Side

Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah rMslade at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 25 23:24:06 UTC 2008

Date sent:      	Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:45:49 -0400
From:           	Matt Jonkman <jonkman at jonkmans.com>

> I want the ip reputation data to be categorized. For instance the IP
> would have a reputation number in spam, phishing, malware host, CnC,
> known bot, scanner, etc. Maybe stuff to cover underground forums, whatever.

Amen.  As I keep telling people in malware seminars, because of the different
characteristics and differing categories of protection, it becomes more important
to know what specific *type* of naughtiness we are dealing with, even as more of
it converges into mixed forms.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade at vcn.bc.ca     slade at victoria.tc.ca     rslade at computercrime.org
The Internet may promise to improve the way we educate and learn,
but so did early television. TV technology has instead reduced
our attention spans, reduced intellectual conversations to sound
bits, and left us with the impression that in order to be
informed, we must first be entertained.           - Lew Platt, of HP
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/