[Oisf-announce] First Release of Suricata Available Tomorrow!

Matt Jonkman jonkman at jonkmans.com
Wed Dec 30 16:05:16 UTC 2009

We're nearly ready for the first release of code from the Open
Information Security Foundation! We've been hard at work for over six
months now, with about twenty of the most talented and diverse group of
programmers I've ever seen together. Six months is an incredibly short
timeframe for developing an IDS engine, especially one that's not just
the same old ideas but a major step forward. But they've done it, we're
nearly there! I'm incredibly honored to be a part of this team.

This is the first release. We haven't of course gotten every feature in
there that we want, but what is there is stable and ready for testing.

Stay tuned for more information today and tomorrow!

Matthew Jonkman
Emerging Threats
Phone 765-429-0398
Fax 312-264-0205